Did you know there are seniors who are in nursing homes or assisted living that have no family? Senior citizens who are in assisted living and nursing homes have needs for everyday items that wouldn’t normally come to mind.
If you would like to make goody bags for our seniors, below is a list of items that we are collecting:
- Clocks with large numbers
- Radios and CD players
- Magazine subscriptions, such as Woman’s Day, Family Circle, Time, Sports Illustrated, Newsweek, etc. Also, large-print magazines such as Reader’s Digest.
- Books in large-print editions.
- Checkers game, chess game and decks of cards.
- Large-print crossword puzzle or word find books.
- Brushes and combs.
- Handheld mirror or magnifying mirror on a pedestal.
- Hand lotion and facial tissues.
They are also in need of clothes (either new or gently used), socks, slippers, hats.
We will be providing these items to local nursing homes and facilities.